Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10
What is Unique about ONE Academy of Dance?
- Pre-Professional Ballet training school that offers excellent training to dancers of all interest levels and ages.
- Very small class sizes to optimize student technical and artistic development.
- We offer the most hours of pre-professional training by accredited and experienced teachers in the area.
- Our Environment at ONE: Families love the kind, fun, yet focused and challenging environment of ONE. We teach our students to push themselves, enjoy each others successes, cheer each other on with each point of growth while being kind, respectful and grateful to their teachers, peers, parents and selves.
- Certified teachers trained in anatomy, music and dance history with years of experience in training students as well as teachers.
- Students train with teachers and choreographers from Houston Ballet, School of American Ballet, Ballet West, Royal Ballet/Australian Ballet and more coming this year!
- We are a ballet based school with classes in other types of dance as well: Contemporary, Modern, Jazz, Breakdancing, Tap
- Attention to individual development, technically and artistically with professional career counseling to Pre-Professional students.
- In our short 5 years in Oak Hill we have had dancers invited to 4 year-round programs at professional companies as well as to summer intensives at Houston Ballet, American Ballet Theater, Boston Ballet, Ballet West, Colorado Ballet, Joffrey Ballet-Chicago, Ballet Austin, Oregon Ballet Theatre, Kansas City Ballet, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Charlotte Ballet, Texas Ballet Theater, Oklahoma City Ballet, Tulsa Ballet, Atlanta Ballet, Alonzo King LINES Ballet, Hubbard Street, Harid Conservatory - with scholarships to several of these programs
- 2017 Advanced Scholarship winner of CCA International Summer School
- 2018 Top 12 Contemporary - Youth American Grand Prix
- Dance productions such as Nutcracker, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Cinderella, Art in Motion and biannual community performances at nursing homes in place of recitals
- Competitions for pre-professional students that give them exposure to artists in the professional community as well as professional companies: Youth American Grand Prix, Cecchetti International Classical Ballet
- A goal of our ours is to create a community of young dancers, professional artists and families that foster excellence, kindness, respect, consideration and service to each other. Core values we encourage are: loving one another, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self control. These values are born out of our director's personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We do not require our dancers or teachers to be Christians, but we will use the values set forth by Christ to treat each other with kindness, patience, gentleness and love which fosters an environment of communication, consideration and respect that benefits everyone.
- We succeed when our students succeed! Not just as dancers, but as people who can be a blessing to those around them and hopefully as future leaders in their communities!
We will dance and minister, unified in the love and promises of God, our Father, and with the focus that our talents are to be used, not for ourselves, but for the One who created and redeemed us all.